The Facts About TightSculpting in JacksonvilleAugust 27, 2018
Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals with Bariatric SurgerySeptember 10, 2018
The da Vinci System has brought minimally-invasive surgery to over 3 million patients worldwide. da Vinci technology has been changing the experience of surgery for people around the world. da Vinci Robotic Surgery in Jacksonville allows surgeons to perform complex, minimally-invasive surgical procedures with great precision and accuracy. This system is an advanced robotic platform designed to expand the surgeon’s skills and offer an option to open surgery. When you are looking for an optimized option for your surgical procedure, contact the experts at New Life Surgical Associates in Jacksonville to schedule your initial consultation!
Some Interesting Facts About da Vinci Robotic Surgery
Cleared by the FDA for general laparoscopic surgery in 2000, the da Vinci Surgical System became the first robotic surgical platform commercially available in the United States. Since then, its presence has been steadily increasing in hospitals everywhere.
- There are over 1,700 da Vinci Systems installed in hospitals worldwide.
- More than 775,000 patients worldwide have had a da Vinci procedure.
- da Vinci procedures are performed for a wide range of conditions in specialties including cardiac, urologic, gynecologic, pediatric and general surgery.
- Roughly three out of four prostate cancer surgeries in the United States today are performed using da Vinci surgery.
- More men in the United States choose da Vinci Surgery to treat their prostate cancer than any other treatment.
- More women now select da Vinci Surgery for minimally-invasive hysterectomy procedures than traditional laparoscopy or vaginal surgery.
- 86% of urology residency programs in the United States have a da Vinci System.
- The da Vinci robotic instruments can bend and rotate far greater than both traditional laparoscopic instruments and the human wrist.
What Does the da Vinci Robotic System Do for Surgeons?
The da Vinci Surgical System allows surgeons to perform operations through a few small incisions. Among its key features, it offers:
- A magnified vision system that gives surgeons a 3D HD view inside the patient’s body.
- An ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits while operating.
- A patient side cart where the patient is positioned during surgery.
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand.
When the time comes for you to undergo da Vinci robotic surgery in Jacksonville, make sure to get in touch with us at New Life Surgical Associates in Jacksonville. Contact us today to set up an appointment!