Bariatric Program Outline
At New Life Bariatrics we offer a comprehensive program both pre and post operatively. We have built our program around the insurance requirements preoperatively and to meet each individual’s weight loss/health goals postoperatively. We will walk you through the process every step of the way both before and after surgery.
Preoperatively we offer:
Intensive education including
- Easy access to your surgeon, Dr. Sharma should you have questions along the way
- A multidisciplinary program built around insurance approval requirements
- Access to our nutritionist
- Access weight loss/food addiction counselor for behavioral modification and assessment
- In house Psychologist
- Twice monthly support groups held in the evenings at our office
Full diagnostic work up
- Fully functioning lab for all needed lab draws
- Ultrasound for all needed preoperative exams
- Body composition-Body composition is used to describe the percentages of fat, bone, water and muscle in the body. Because muscular tissue takes less space in our body than fat tissue, our body composition, as well as our weight, determines leanness.
- Metabolic Testing-The basic metabolic test will estimate your basal metabolic rate and even add in estimations for working out and activities of daily living. If your metabolism falls below average, there are ways to increase it to facilitate weight loss.
- We will assist in scheduling all insurance required appointments
- We will walk you step by step through each stage of process all the way to surgery scheduling
- We will help gather all needed items to submit to insurance companies requesting authorization for surgery
We also have a full line of Vitamin supplements sold in the office. After reviewing your lab work we will work very closely with each patient to correct any vitamin deficiencies prior to surgery. This will help in a variety of areas, including increase your bodies healing ability as well as reducing down time after surgery.